Monday, February 7, 2011

#365Yoga Day 38 - Being Nicer


I woke up this morning and my first thought was "I'm going to be nicer today."  Strange I know.  Most people's first thought is probably "coffee".  I meditated on it for a few minutes before I left the house and decided I would focus on AHIMSA today, specifically in terms of thoughts/speech/written word.  So I tried desperately to not think negative thoughts about people who drive 10mph under the speed limit or co-workers whose laziness makes my job a little tedious.  And most importantly I tried not to gossip about others.  When you're really being mindful you can catch yourself sliding down that slippery slope to nastiness.  For me the key is to stop mid-slide and scramble back up and either stopping thinking about it or find just one thing you find nice about that person or situation.  I need to think these nice thoughts every day and not just on random Mondays!

Judith asked us to stop today and recognize the multitude of things we have to be grateful for.  Here are few of mine:

  • My Dad
  • My boyfriend
  • My health
  • My friends
  • My job
  • My health benefits!
What are you grateful for?

Namaste'

1 comment:

  1. today, i am grateful for my kundalini practice. what a difference an hour and a half makes.

    ReplyDelete