Wednesday, February 9, 2011

#365Yoga Day 40 - Light on Yoga


Well another teacher training weekend is rapidly approaching and I'm in the midst of another round of self-doubt (this has been the trend for the past 6 months).  Will I able to keep up with the practice?  Is my practice teaching going to suck golf balls?  Please don't let me tank the quiz!  Phew...it's all very exhausting and frankly I'm damn tired of it.  Of course the one thing I need to do more than anything this week is to sit on my cushion and calm the monkey mind.  But we all know that doing what's best for us is the hardest thing to do!

As I prepare for the weekend I am finishing some reading in B.K.S. Iyengar's amazing book Light on Yoga.  I would like to share with you a passage that is helping me relax this week.

Page 41
The yogi realizes that his life and all its activities are part of the divine action in nature, manifesting and operating in the form of man.  In the beating of his pulse and the rhythm of his respiration, he recognizes the flow of the seasons and the throbbing of universal life.  


For some reason this gives me peace, to know that my practice is part of a bigger picture.  And maybe if I let go of the ego this weekend I can simply flow with the divine.

Namaste'

No comments:

Post a Comment