Thursday, March 31, 2011

#365Yoga Day 90 - Back on the mat


It's been a tough two weeks in terms of my practice.  I did not get on the mat last week because of the all the chatter in my head.  Instead I sought solace on my meditation cushion and focused on the 7th limb of yoga.  It has worked wonders.  I have found my asana practice again and I think going forward it's going to be better than ever.  I am releasing all expectations in terms of what poses I can get into and how long I practice.  I plan to make a date with my mat and just move.  Move however my body tells me to and use my breath to guide me.  I'm excited to get started!  Too bad I have to work!

I hope everyone is doing well and geared up for Spring!

Oh.....and even though I'm not a huge basketball fan I have to say a big GO TEAM to the VCU Rams (rcvd my graduate degree from VCU) as they head into the Final Four!

Namaste'

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back.. congrats on the YTT and those VCU guys killed it!

    I remember finishing YTT and really struggling with all the stuff that came up… time sort of made it go away, but it was the foundation for my future learning. So enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete