Sunday, January 16, 2011

#365Yoga Day 16 - Sweet Savasana


I've come to the conclusion that the sweetest savasana is on the Sunday of a teacher training weekend.  I literally melt through the mat and onto the floor!!  Today was no exception.  Our instructor took us through a beginner's class this morning and it was surprisingly difficult.  It taught me that Beginner does not translate into Easy!

I really enjoyed this weekend's training.  This is by far the best I've felt after the three day practice.  I am not sore nor am I overly tired.  I think it helped that I didn't push myself and that I went to bed super early every night!

Judith's entry for today states that yoga doesn't solve our problems.  Though I agree with that statement I do feel that yoga goes a long way to helping us address our problems from a place of peace and equanimity.  By incorporating the tools of yoga into our daily lives I believe only good can result.  With a calm body and mind we are better able to "respond" rather than "react" when problems arise.

How has yoga helped you deal with your problems?

Namaste'

2 comments:

  1. Nice thoughts today!

    Using yoga off the mat is the best help ever, patience, stamina, concentration....the list goes on forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you ma'am! It was a great weekend and I'm still riding the yogic high. :)

    ReplyDelete