Tuesday, January 18, 2011

#365Yoga Day 18 - Right Now!


Right here - Right now.  Trying to follow those four simple words proved to be the hardest thing I did all day.  My mind was crazy out of control.  I had a tough time brushing my teeth without losing track of what the heck I was doing.  And don't get me started on my meditation practice because that was just painful!

I finished a great article in the recent Yoga Journal this morning that said that thoughts during meditation were okay as long as you didn't get swept away with every passing story line.  Remembering that I tried not to get down on myself when I slipped away to re-live some past conversation or imagined some future event today.  I would just recognize that I lost track and come back to sitting at the stop light or waiting for my lunch to heat up.  Being present is tough business!!

How did you do with being right here, right now?

Namaste'

No comments:

Post a Comment