Wednesday, January 19, 2011

#365Yoga Day 19 - Thoughts

Happy Day 19!


Judith’s entry for today was to write down five recurring thoughts.  Wow…..just five?!  This week my brain is in overdrive and I’m having a terrible time getting focused, but here it goes.

1.       I don’t want to……
2.       I wish that…..
3.       Crap!
4.       I’m not living the life I dream of…..
5.       Why?!

Numbers 1, 2 and 5 make me feel like a whiney 3 year-old.   Number 4 makes me a little depressed and 3 speaks for itself.  So what can I take from this?  Obviously I am having a tough time working in a cube and most days I find it difficult to take a deep breath because I’m a bit grumpy about my situation.  I have a card on my cube wall that is a quote from the Buddha  - Be happiness itself.   I'm trying Big Guy!  Doing this practice today made me realize just how often I do allow myself to be pulled away, and by negative thoughts nonetheless.  So tomorrow is a new day and I vow to be more positive and grateful!  I'm ending today with a yummy hip opening sequence and some time on the cushion.

I hope you had an enjoyable day 19!

Peace-

No comments:

Post a Comment