Friday, January 21, 2011

#365Yoga Day 21 - Letting in the Sun


TGIF - who else is thrilled that Friday has finally arrived?!  Whew- that was my first thought this morning when I woke up.

Today Judith asked us to be with what is. She suggested looking out the window while we breathed in the now.  Well I had the good fortune of training with someone this afternoon who has a cube next to a window.  So while she was rambling on (and I should have been listening) I tilted my head back, closed my eyes and soaked in the sun. But it wasn't that easy to stay in the now as Judith requested.  I was immediately transported away to some Greek Island where the water and the sky are the same color.  In the next nano second I had created this entire fantasy world for myself that could be mine if I ever actually bought a lottery ticket!  But alas, Lisa said something that penetrated my dream world and I opened my eyes to find cube kingdom again.  Cube kingdom certainly isn't a Greek Island, but I spent the rest of my afternoon reminding myself how lucky I was to be right there, right now and not looking for a job or worrying about having enough money to buy food.  It seems I took the long way around to get Judith's point, but I think I finally got it.

Namaste'  

1 comment:

  1. I'm surprised at how often I have to remind myself to be in the now. It's a lot more challenging than I thought it would be. I like the challenge, though, and am grateful to at least be trying!

    ReplyDelete