Wednesday, January 5, 2011

That Darn Dhanurasana – Day 5



Countdown to next teacher training weekend – 9 days.

Between now and Saturday, however, I need to crank out a rocking sequence peaking with that Darn Dhanurasana.  Sounds simple, but I’ve hit the wall.  I’m stuck on the first pose – Virasana.  *SIGH*  It’s obvious, after some consideration, that my problem is rooted in my aversion (can you say Sutra 2.8) to the pose!  I know the component parts and the preparatory poses so what’s the big deal?  It seems my “deal” is that I just don’t like this pose and I’m allowing my dislike to overshadow my ability to do my assignment.  Boo hiss!  Obviously part of my practice for today is taming my ego and finding the sweet spot that is Dhanurasana!

I do plan to end my day doing something that I love (thank you Judith!).  I am going to soak in a nice hot tub and read my novel and let the day's troubles wash away.

Namaste’

2 comments:

  1. definitely some shoulder openers (thread the needle?) , gaurdasana,and some quad openers (i.e. Goddess, Vira 11). maybe even some forward folds with yoga mudra arms?

    a cool thing with that pose too is you can roll up a blanket and have the students place it right up against the pelvis. then when they roll up into bow they pop up all the way. good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nancy! I didn't think to add Vira 2; just Vira 1. Hmmmm.....maybe time to revamp a bit.

    ReplyDelete