Saturday, February 12, 2011

#365Yoga Day 43 - Arm Balances


What a day!!  Let me first start by saying that I have a very limited practice in arm balances so everything that was taught today was pretty much new to me.  The most striking thing I learned was that I have been doing arm balances incorrectly!  Getting over that samskara was a bit tough.  I had to learn a whole new way of thinking and approaching the poses.  But now I feel I have a decent handle on them; certainly the component parts that make them work.  Today's class included Vasisthasana, Bakasana, Bhujapidasana, Parsva Bakasana and Tittibhasana.  As you can probably guess...I'm a bit sore!  I'm afraid of how I'm going to feel in the morning.

Quiz tomorrow on standing twists and Urdhva Dhanurasana.  Off to study.

Namaste'

No comments:

Post a Comment