Monday, November 15, 2010

Bhakti Yoga


Bhakti Yoga can be defined as the path of pure spiritual devotion to the Divine.

I just finished an article in Yoga International about Bhakti Yoga and I think I had a revelation.  And it came at all places while I was on the treadmill at the gym.  But I guess that doesn't really matter; what matters is that I think I see a way through my mind-stuff.  Since I started this teacher training I have been focusing on the "I" or "Me" aspect of this experience.  What can "I" get out of it or what's in it for "Me".  I realize now, after reading this article, that it's not about me at all.  It's about dedicating this experience to something greater than myself and using the knowledge I gain to help others.  WOW!

So going forward I'm changing my approach.  When I step on the mat I will now dedicate my time and efforts to the greater good and send that energy out to the Divine.

To quote the article by Irene (Aradhana) Petryszak, "....it's having the courage to face ourselves at the deepest levels of our being, and offer everything we are to the Divine, both the good and the bad, without holding anything back."

Namaste'

No comments:

Post a Comment