Sunday, November 21, 2010

Upside Down!


Holy Cow!  That's all I can say.  This past weekend was another teacher training weekend and the focus was on inversions.  Three straight days of going upside down.  I don't have a regular inversion practice so this was a huge challenge for me.  And yes the reason I don't have a regular practice is because of fear.  Well I addressed that fear head-on this weekend and as a result I was able to get up in FOUR different poses:  headstand, handstand, forearm stand and shoulderstand.  This was a personal best for me and I hope a turning point in my practice.  I learned the component parts of these poses and now have a good idea how to prepare my body to go upside down.  And I can't wait to start practicing on my own!!!

Namaste'

No comments:

Post a Comment