Monday, January 10, 2011

#365Yoga Day 10 - Work as Meditation


I feel like a new person today!  I stopped pushing myself last night and went to bed early.  It worked!

Today was a practice in patience for me.  Have you ever been in a meeting or on a conference call that has less than 1% to do with you?  Well I had that experience this morning for about an hour and a half.  I was stuck in a conference room with both of my bosses and a dozen co-workers.  Once I realized I was in for the long haul I decided to make the most of it and meditate.  I started to practice my mantra "So Hum" and was doing great until the lady next to me started to ask me questions.  Not exactly questions, but more like comments that said I know more than they do.  Right there my patience was tweaked.  I'm all about trying to be positive and upbeat, but I can only stroke your ego for so long.  I caught myself getting mifted because she was seriously messing with my Zen (or was she?) and then I stopped and took a step back.  This was the practice.  Yes repeating the mantra was my practice as well, but so was letting go of my aversion to her.  So each time she turned to say something to me I flashed a smile and sent her loving-kindness.  It seriously worked!!

I believe variety is the key to life and a consistent yoga practice. I signed up for Yoga Journal's 21-Day Yoga Challenge and did their Fun Flow Practice with Elise Lorimer today.  The practice was good, but be warned...they say it's 45 minutes but it's really just 38.  

I hope your 10th day of the new year was a good one and you were able to practice patience and loving-kindness.  I truly believe it makes the world a better place.

Namaste'

No comments:

Post a Comment