Tuesday, January 11, 2011

#365Yoga Day 11 - Respect Yourself


Respecting yourself sounds like an easy job, right?  Wrong.  At least for me.  There are many days, like today, that I don't give my body decent food to eat or treat it kindly on the yoga mat.  According to Judy I need to treat my body as I would treat hers.  Well I certainly have some work to do in that area!  And I also believe this doesn't just include how we physically treat the body, but also how we think about the body.  I am often critical of what I consider my shortcomings.  That doesn't serve me.  I am in the healthcare industry and I am confronted daily with other people's illnesses and disease.  I am fortunate to be very healthy and need to remember that when I'm criticizing my left hamstring for being tight and not allowing me to do a full foward bend!  Alas....more to practice!

Namaste'

No comments:

Post a Comment