Sunday, January 23, 2011

#365Yoga Day 23 - Sweet Sunday


After a crazy Saturday I was in great need of a quiet Sunday.  And I had one!  My day started with a nice self-guided practice that lead up to Ustrasana.  It was super yummy since my asana practice has been kind of light as of late (okay probably closer to non-existent).  Then I did some much needed loving kindness meditation to balance everything out  The day just flowed after that.  I am slowly learning that I can truly change the feel of my day by practicing first thing in the morning.  I need to spend some time pondering how I can squeeze in a practice when I need to be at work by 7:30am.

I have this wonderful book called Offerings:  Buddhist wisdom for every day.  Today's entry is by Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche:  "On the day that you were born, you began to die.  Do not waste a single moment more!

Namaste'

No comments:

Post a Comment