Wednesday, January 26, 2011

#365Yoga Day 26 - The art of yoga


Happy day 26!

Though I never felt like I truly woke up today (yes, I was as tired at 4pm as I was at 5am) I did make it out in the snow to go to an Iyengar class tonight.  How's that for dedication?!  I love this teacher.  She makes you work for it.  And I can always trust that I'm doing it right because man if I'm not she's on me like white on rice!  And I dig that.  So why don't I go more?  Yea, that's a question I need to seriously address.  And Judith's entry today is pushing it home.  I should make that kind of commitment to my practice that I see Myra every Wednesday and then she won't have to keep telling me to take my tailbone to my heels because it will become my new habit!

I think it's been said that doing something for 21 days straight makes it a habit.  I assume that was part of Judith's point in today's entry.  By creating that kind of discipline it will become a habit and then you'll need yoga just like you need food.  The work is in doing it of course.  It sounds super easy when I type it here, but boy when I feel like I did this afternoon (hit by a truck) it's a real struggle to get on the mat.  I think I'm off to a good start though!

Have you decided to take Judith's challenge?  I'd love to know!

Namaste'

No comments:

Post a Comment