Wednesday, February 2, 2011

#365Yoga Day 33 - No Guilt



Generally I try not to get wrapped up in guilt and all it entails.  I remind myself that no one else makes me feel guilty; I make me feel guilty.  Today I’m doing a good job of it.  I had every intention of going to a 6pm Iyengar class tonight, but then the un-thinkable happened.  It turned out to be 66 degrees and sunny.  Now if you are one of the poor souls living in one of the 30+ states covered in snow and ice then certainly you can understand my absolute NEED to get outside and soak up some sun.  Especially since tomorrow’s high is only going to be 42.  So I went for a walk with my headphones and sunglasses on and got a nice dose of Vitamin D.  I came home and unrolled the mat for a brief, but pleasant practice.  So should I still feel guilty?  I think I need to remind myself that I still did yoga, just not the yoga I had initially intended.  Do I feel good as a result of my walk?  Absolutely!  Sunny and 60+ in February?  How can you pass that up?  Morale of the story - get over it and do what feels good!

Namaste'

No comments:

Post a Comment