Monday, February 14, 2011

#365Yoga Day 45 - Resistance


Who felt resistance today?  I sure did; first thing this morning as soon as that alarm went off at 5:11am.  Oh heck no!  I totally resisted the start of this 45th day of the year.  But I prompted myself by saying that it was going to be 65 degrees today and if I didn't get my butt out of bed I wouldn't be able to enjoy any of it. So I got up and tried to approach the day from a place of gratitude.  It turned out to be a pretty decent day.

I think resistance is probably going to be an underlying theme for me for the next 21 days as I move through my detox.  I'm geared up and ready to go though.  I have an arsenal of recipes and an wonderful partner in crime. I truly believe we can do this.  We chatted today and agreed that our meditation practices are really going to come into play these next few weeks.  When that resistance rears its ugly head we'll need to stop, check in and pay attention to that aversion but not give in to it.  This is going to be tough, but rewarding work.  I'm so looking forward to it.

Namaste'

No comments:

Post a Comment