Friday, February 25, 2011

#365Yoga Day 56 - Surrender


Today I took a mental health day from work.  I strongly recommend you do this more often than not to maintain your sanity.  I can handle cube world for only so long before I start to twitch.  I had started twitching.  I have spent the better part of today immersed in my yoga from practicing to studying for my upcoming final.  Now I'm going to do some reading in both Yoga International and Yoga Magazine.  Yipee!

Judith's entry for today was perfect for me.  The topic is surrender.  Yesterday I tweaked my left hamstring again in practice.  It's been year since my initial injury and it had slowly started to feel better.  Well yesterday I gave it a run for its money and I lost.  I spent the evening sitting on an ice pack.  Not fun!  So today when I got on the mat I told myself that I would not, under no circumstance, battle my hamstring.  I let it run the show.  I'm feeling pretty good as a result.  No ice pack needed.  This is a new approach for me, but one I think I could get used to.  Letting go can truly take us farther than holding on sometimes!

Have a great weekend!
Namaste'

No comments:

Post a Comment