Saturday, July 30, 2011

#365Yoga Day 211 - Yin Yoga


My Yin practice is like a yummy meditation.  When I can finally settle my mind, and relax into the sensations of my body opening up, it is bliss!  After a busy day at work there's really nothing better for me.

The following is a practice from a 2008 Yoga Journal.  Allow yourself a few minutes in each pose and I guarantee this practice will change your day!  Check out Yoga Journal online here for descriptions and images of the poses.

  • Butterfly
  • Saddle
  • Seal
  • Shoelace
  • Dragonfly
  • Reclining Twist
  • Happy Baby
This practice was created by Sarah Powers (pictured above).  In the article she also includes the 4 tenants of Yin Yoga.  I found that by being mindful of these my practice is enhanced.
  1. Find an appropriate edge
  2. Be still
  3. Hold for awhile
  4. Release with care
If you usually practice Vinyasa, Power or Ashtanga, I encourage you to try Yin.  Settle into the stillness and see what happens!

Namaste'

No comments:

Post a Comment